Become a complete two-way player! We’ll be teaching players how to win battles on both the offensive and defensive sides of the puck. Learn how to blow past defenders using your speed, puck protection and puck handling skills. Develop your defensive tactics in 1-on-1 scenarios, puck possession, controlling the opposition, angling and take aways will all be worked on in this exciting masterclass! All levels are welcome as long as you are capable of skating forwards and backwards from one end of the ice to the other fairly quickly and have a basic ability to shoot already. Ages 8 to Adult. House League + Recreational to Rep + AAA levels – all will greatly benefit from this training session! Please read ALL of the COVID-19 protocols outlined by iTrain Hockey and the arena management below. We will make sure to create a fun, safe and organized training session for all participants!
Date: Friday, October 16th, 2020.
Arena: West End Community Centre, Guelph (Rink 1)
Players: 25 Participant Max. Ages 8 – Adult. All levels. Boys, girls, men and women are all welcome, we always have groups of players from each age level so it’s very unlikely you will be the only youth, teen or adult.
Lead Trainer: Sean Walker
Cost: $29.99 +hst USD ($39.99 CDN)
- Lead trainer, Sean Walker is welcoming coaches, trainers or parent volunteers with a knowledge of the game and ability to execute each skill to volunteer their time during the lesson instead of paying for their player’s registration into the program. Please email email@example.com to receive all the details needed.
- In the comments section of the registration form please confirm you or your player’s name and age so we can arrange each player in their designated age + skill grouping lines on the ice)
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the training session’s start time. Late entrance will not be permitted due to the strict regulations of entering into the building. We will be permitted to enter into the building as a group right at 7:15pm. iTrain Hockey will set up banners for us all to meet at.
COVID-19 RULES + REGULATIONS:
- All players and parents entering Iceland Arena must wear a face covering that securely covers the nose, mouth and chin as required by city by-laws. Players are not required to wear a mask on the ice.
- Unfortunately, we will not be permitted to have any spectators at our lessons. This rule is to ensure we don’t have more people in the arena than what the arena staff is comfortable hosting. I’m sorry for this inconvenience.
- We will be permitted to enter into the rink as a group, 15 minutes prior to the start time (7:15pm). All participants must come FULLY dressed, with masks, helmets and skates on. Please use an old pair of hockey socks to cover your skate blades if you don’t have skate guards. Players can get dressed in the parking lot or come fully dressed.
- Players are no longer permitted to bring their hockey bags inside the rink.
- Change rooms will not be made available to us therefore players must come dressed before entering the facility. Players are permitted to enter the ice surface with only their helmets, skates, gloves and a stick if they so choose or you can come fully dressed in all your hockey gear except your skates which you can tie in the lobby. If you’re not planning on wearing full gear, please wear a track suit or athlete wear. Elbow pads and shin pads under or over your clothing are recommended. Please have your water bottles filled before coming to the rink.