Learn all the tactics you need to be an effective defender for your team.
Learn all the tactics you need to be an effective defender for your team. Players will learn how to angle the opposition into the boards, transition between forwards and backwards appropriately in 1-on-1 scenarios, box players out and get in their way from ever getting past you, have an active stick-on-stick and body-on-body technique and so much more. Perfect class for all defenseman and forwards looking to become better two-way players.
All ages and levels are welcome as long as you are capable of skating forwards and backwards from one end of the ice to the other fairly quickly. Ages 8 to Adult. House League, recreational, rep and up to AAA levels – all will greatly benefit from this training session! Please read ALL of the COVID-19 protocols outlined by iTrain Hockey and the arena management below. Players will be required to be dressed before entering into the arena (except skates). We will make sure to create a fun, safe and organized training session for all participants!
Date: Thursday, November 18th, 2021.
Arena: Susan Fennell Sportsplex, (Formerly South Fletchers), Brampton.
Players: 25 Participant Max. Ages 8 – Adult. All levels. Boys, girls, men and women are all welcome, we always have groups of players from each age level so it’s very unlikely you will be the only youth, teen or adult.
Lead Trainer: Sean Walker
Cost: $47.99 +hst CDN
- Lead trainer, Sean Walker is welcoming a few coaches, trainers or parent volunteers with a knowledge of the game and ability to execute each skill to volunteer their time and help support instruct Sean during the lesson. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm if we require more volunteers such as yourself and to receive all the necessary details.
- In the comments section of the registration form please confirm you or your player’s name and age so we can arrange each player in their designated age + skill grouping lines on the ice.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the training session’s start time at the main entrance. We will only be permitted to enter into the building as a group. iTrain Hockey will set up banners for us all to meet at. We will enter into the rink from the front doors.
COVID-19 RULES + REGULATIONS:
- In response to new regulations issued by the Government of Ontario, program participants 12+ years will need to show proof of a COVID-19 double-dose vaccination to enter recreation facilities. Residents will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide a ‘proof of vaccination receipt’ along with one piece of government-issued photo identification to access certain facilities and settings.
- Please have your water bottles filled before coming to the rink.
(Thursday) 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm EDT
Susan Fennell Sportsplex (Formerly South Fletcher's)
500 Ray Lawson Blvd, Brampton, ON L6Y 5B3