17oct11:00 am12:00 pmBODY CONTACT + CHECKING MASTERCLASS11am-12pm, MISSISSAUGA
Learn all you need to know about giving and receiving body checks and taking contact in a game. Learn how to protect
Learn all you need to know about giving and receiving body checks and taking contact in a game. Learn how to protect yourself and your opponent in open ice hits, hits along the boards and in confined space in the corners. Learn when to give a good check and when to just take the man/ woman out of the play. The perfect class for players entering into body contact next season, those that want to butter up on their technique and we’re opening the class to youngsters ages 10 and up to adult. Even players who don’t have body checking have body contact and it’s important all players are trained how to play safe hockey. All players will improve their 1-on-1 battling techniques to become a formidable offensive player and defender. House League, recreational, rep and up to AAA levels – all will greatly benefit from this training session! Please read ALL of the COVID-19 protocols outlined by iTrain Hockey and the arena management below. Players will be required to be dressed before entering into the arena (except skates). We will make sure to create a fun, safe and organized training session for all participants!
Date: Sunday, October 17th, 2021.
Arena: Tomken Arena, Mississauga.
Players: 25 Participant Max. Ages 8 – Adult. All levels. Boys, girls, men and women are all welcome, we always have groups of players from each age level so it’s very unlikely you will be the only youth, teen or adult.
Lead Trainer: Sean Walker
Cost: $39.99 +hst USD (Approx. $49.99 CDN)
- Lead trainer, Sean Walker is welcoming a few coaches, trainers or parent volunteers with a knowledge of the game and ability to execute each skill to volunteer their time and help support instruct Sean during the lesson. Please email email@example.com to confirm if we require more volunteers such as yourself and to receive all the necessary details.
- In the comments section of the registration form please confirm you or your player’s name and age so we can arrange each player in their designated age + skill grouping lines on the ice.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the training session’s start time at the main entrance. We will only be permitted to enter into the building as a group. iTrain Hockey will set up banners for us all to meet at. We will enter into the rink from the front doors.
COVID-19 RULES + REGULATIONS:
- In response to new regulations issued by the Government of Ontario, program participants 18+ years will need to show proof of a COVID-19 double-dose vaccination to enter recreation facilities. Residents will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide a ‘proof of vaccination receipt’ along with one piece of government-issued photo identification to access certain facilities and settings.
- All players and parents entering the arena must wear a face covering that securely covers the nose, mouth and chin as required by city by-laws. Players are not required to wear a mask on the ice.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres is required at all times, including on the ice (as best we all can)
- Limited space in the change rooms will be made available to us to tie our skates and leave our hockey bags. Players must come dressed before entering the facility. Please have your water bottles filled before coming to the rink.
- Parents of players, 1-2 spectators is permitted in the building to watch the lesson based on the protocols from the arena management.
$39.99 taxRead more
$39.99 taxRead more
(Sunday) 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
4495 Tomken Rd, Mississauga, ON L4W 1J9